- Posted by Patricia Bacon
- On July 26, 2018
- career advice, career development, careers, careers in communications, college, communications, internship, media relations, PR, PRecision Curriculum, public relations, students, training
The job hunt is never easy, especially when you’re a young professional breaking into the workforce. Many routes to success begin with internships, so it’s important to choose the right one. The experiences you have in your internship will shape you into a full-time working professional. At Poston Communications, we mold our interns into successful young professionals, so they are empowered to accomplish their career goals and strengthen their skills as public relations and media relations specialists. When it comes to interning at Poston Communications, there are five signs that can determine if you would make a great fit:
- You are team oriented. At Poston, teamwork is the driving force that fuels the successes and accomplishments we aim for every day. Being able to work in a collaborative environment is a must, so if you consider yourself a team player, Poston is a great company for you.
- You have a knack for building relationships. Through our engaging office atmosphere, we are dedicated to building purposeful relationships in and out of the office. Whether among ourselves or with clients, strong relationships drive our passion to improve people’s lives both personally and professionally. Do you value impactful relationships? If so, you will make a great asset to the Poston team.
- You have a professional and can-do attitude. Coming into work every day with a positive attitude and drive to make a difference in your client’s lives is vital to our offices’ can-do attitude. If you are never satisfied with “average” and strive for excellence, personally and professionally, you’re made to be a Poston intern.
- You understand the importance of effective communication. As part of our mission, we strive for excellence in communication to provide successful results for our clients. This emphasis on communication is vital in both our client connections and within our Poston team. If you have a knack for effective communication, we want you to join us as a Poston intern.
- You have a desire to continue learning about the industry. Our interns and new hires learn about the public relations, media relations and legal industries through our weekly PRecision Curriculum sessions, aimed at polishing and building the extensive skills our interns already possess. Do you have a love of learning? You’d fit right in at our Poston internship program.
We value our interns as dynamic assets to our agency, and if you embody the above qualities in your day-to-day life, we would love to have you as a member of our Poston team. We are constantly seeking outstanding leaders who appreciate our commitment to clients, and who will help us continue a culture of collaboration and success. For more information about our internship opportunities, check out our Careers page.
Patricia Bacon is a 2018 summer intern at Poston Communications, based in Atlanta.
MORE FROM OUR INTERNS
National Intern Day
Thursday, July 26, was National Intern Day, and Poston Communications celebrates the contributions of its stellar group of 2018 summer interns.
We also are seeking our next rising stars for fall internships. Think you have what it takes? Check out the Poston Communications’ Careers page to learn about opportunities with us.