- Posted by Poston Communications
- On June 21, 2017
- careers, college, internship, PR, public relations, students, training
Poston Communications is pleased to announce that we have added five public relations interns to our ranks this summer. Elizabeth Bonnie, Erin Charles, Keevana Edwards, Deborah Harris and Caroline Yancey joined the team June 5 and have been working hard since day one. We are so thrilled to have them here and wanted to share a little bit about them:
- Elizabeth Bonnie is a rising senior at the University of Georgia working toward her bachelor’s in public relations and a minor in Spanish. She is actively involved on campus and previously served as an account executive for Creative Consultants, the student-run public relations firm at her college. When she isn’t at work, she enjoys reading and spending time with family and friends. She joins the Atlanta office.
- Erin Charles recently graduated from the University of Alabama with a bachelor’s degree in public relations and a minor in communication studies. She previously interned at Philadelphia Style magazine last summer. Outside of the office, Erin spends time exercising, soaking up the sun and watching sports. She joins the Orlando office.
- Keevana Edwards is a rising senior at Rollins College working toward a bachelor’s degree in international business and minors in Spanish and economics. She is a resident assistant on campus, a member of the Rollins women’s basketball team and a representative on the Captain’s Council for basketball. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, painting, being outdoors and exercising. She joins the Orlando office.
- Deborah Harris recently graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a bachelor’s degree in business journalism. Among her previous jobs and internships was a position as a staff writer for the Southern Neighbor newspaper in Chapel Hill that allowed her to hone her writing skills. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring new places to eat and spending time with her cat, Kitty Perry. She joins the Atlanta office.
- Caroline Yancey recently graduated from the University of Alabama with a bachelor’s degree in public relations and minors in political science and Italian. She previously interned at Phase 3 Marketing and Communications last summer. In her free time, she enjoys cheering on the Crimson Tide and trying new restaurants. She joins the Atlanta office.
As part of our commitment to excellence, Poston Communications is focused on developing future leaders in PR. We created our internship program to provide hands-on experience combined with learning opportunities for recently graduated individuals, undergraduate students in their senior year of college and graduate students. Our semester-long curriculum covers all substantive areas that prepare our interns for an entry-level job in media relations, as well as leadership topics, workstyle assessments and discussions on real-life career issues. Our interns are assigned to client teams, write and pitch story ideas to reporters and coordinate media placements.
We are currently recruiting for our fall 2017 internship program. If you know of a dynamic candidate that would be a good fit for Poston Communications, please let us know!