- Posted by Poston Communications
- On January 7, 2021
- awards, Orlando, Poston Communications
We are pleased to announce that Vice President Megan Paquin, APR, CPRC has been included on the Orlando Business Journal’s 2021 list of Women Who Mean Business. The publication’s annual awards program recognizes the top businesswomen in Central Florida. In 2021, a total of 20 business owners, executives and professionals were selected as honorees, celebrating the women who led their organizations through a year of unprecedented challenges. Paquin will be recognized at a virtual awards event on February 22, and a special section featuring the winners will be published in the Orlando Business Journal on February 26.
“For Megan Paquin, 2020 has been a career-making year that most public relations professionals can only dream of achieving,” the Orlando Business Journal states in its announcement. “She has helped the Central Florida community and beyond navigate this unique time that has brought unprecedented challenges for businesses.”
In the last 12 months, Paquin:
- Led a team that generated 2.2 billion media impressions, bringing international attention to a landmark LGBTQ workplace discrimination case before the United States Supreme Court;
- Served as president of the Florida Public Relations Association’s Orlando Chapter;
- Completed her first course – including adapting to virtual teaching – as an adjunct professor at the University of Central Florida’s Nicholson School of Communications and Media; and
- Began pursuing her lifelong dream of obtaining her PhD in business psychology.
“Megan is an influential leader not only in our agency, but also in the public relations community locally and nationally,” said Dave Poston, CEO and general counsel of Poston Communications. “We appreciate how she successfully provides first-class service to clients, furthers her education and leads our team and our industry, all while raising two daughters and maintaining a top-notch sense of humor on top of it all.”
As Vice President at Poston Communications, Paquin leads the agency’s Crisis and Litigation PR Division, counseling clients and collaborating with legal counsel to plan for and respond to critical issues. As a communicator, Megan thrives in complex, high-stakes situations, and she has been trusted to lead communications strategies for some of the world’s most respected brands. She has an Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), is a Certified Public Relations Counselor (CPRC) and serves as immediate-past president of the Florida Public Relations Association’s Orlando chapter.
For the full list of the Orlando Business Journal’s honorees, click here.