- Posted by Poston Communications
- On June 8, 2018
- careers, college, internship, PR, public relations, students, training
Poston Communications is pleased to welcome five public relations interns to our team this summer. Patricia Bacon, Keevana Edwards, Zoe Fequeron, Jake Shapiro and Sarah Zets joined the team June 4 and have been participating in curriculum sessions, team meetings and a bit of fun at outings planned by our Culture Committee. Learn more about our interns below:
- Patricia Bacon is a recent graduate of the University of Georgia where she earned her bachelor’s degree in public relations with a certificate in new media. Following her internship this summer, she will head back to UGA in the fall to complete her master’s in mass communication. The program, which spans one year, focuses on the areas of public relations theory and research. While in college, Patricia was involved with her school’s chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America, as well as UGA’s student-led volunteer public relations firm, Creative Consultants. During her internship at Poston, she hopes to gain additional insight into the public relations and communications field and use the experiences and skills she learns to help her succeed in a future career in the industry. In her spare time, she enjoys visiting the beach, traveling, spending time with family and friends and cheering on the Dawgs.
- Keevana Edwards recently graduated from Rollins College with a bachelor’s degree in international business and minors in economics and Spanish. She completed Poston Communications’ internship program last summer and secured results for clients in the American City Business Journals, among other placements. This summer, she hopes to develop her analytical and research skills before attending law school at the University of Tennessee. In her free time, Keevana enjoys working out, reading and watching sports.
- Since graduating from Florida State University with a bachelor’s degree in editing, writing and media, Zoe Ferqueron has pursued new experiences to serve as a writer and public relations consultant, one of which was creating a marketing and promotion strategy for the Sharecare Awards for Sharecare Inc. In addition, she created an all-inclusive event plan for the Sharecare Awards, which was then presented to the organization’s board of directors. Zoe loves exploring the outdoors in her free time through kayaking, paddle-boarding and hiking nearby rivers and trails. You can find her at any local campground, spending time soaking up the sun with friends.
- Jake Shapiro graduated in May 2018 from the University of South Carolina with a bachelor’s degree in public relations and a minor in international studies. While in school, he served on the executive board for St. Jude Up ’til Dawn as the sponsorship and fundraising director. Jake spent the previous summer at the Georgia State Capitol as an intern for Gov. Nathan Deal. This summer, he is focusing on the public relations and marketing aspects of the legal industry before starting law school at the University of Georgia in the fall. He enjoys reading, watching sports, cooking and being outdoors.
- Sarah Zets joins the Poston Communications team as a summer 2018 intern, after recently graduating from Elon University in North Carolina, where she received a bachelor’s degree in strategic communications with a minor in business administration. On campus, she was the project manager on the PR team of the largest student-run organization, Elon Volunteers, which worked with local charities and facilitated volunteer opportunities for students. At Poston, Sarah assists the media relations team in obtaining media opportunities for its professional services clients. From this internship experience, she hopes to gain valuable skills and knowledge to further her career in the public relations field. Outside of the office, Sarah enjoys reading, cooking and spending time with family and friends.