Video content accounts for almost 80% of all internet activity. Not only is that a staggering statistic, but it has also been proven that videos have the highest reach on social media, including LinkedIn, where studies have shown that videos can earn an average of three times the engagement of text-only posts.
While law firms and professional services aren’t always the first to jump on the bandwagon, these organizations would be remiss to not include video in their digital marketing strategy.
So, where to start? Here are our top five tips for taking content to the next level with video.
- Make it easy for attorneys to be comfortable on screen. The most important element of your video is to ensure that your subject is comfortable with the process. Prepare on-screen tips for the attorney to review and offer to host a prep call with them to review the tips and script. You could even offer to film the attorney via Zoom and share the recording with them so they can prepare accordingly.
- Select a topic that is simple and relevant to your audience. You don’t need to recreate the wheel with your video topic. Take a look at the blog posts that perform the best on your website and use those topics for your videos to engage your audience. However, be sure not to overcomplicate the topic – just discuss a few points.
- Keep your videos short and sweet. This goes back to engaging with your audience. Keep videos between 30 and 90 seconds. If your topic requires a longer video, create shorter clips for your social media pages to entice your audience to click on the full video.
- SEO should be top of mind. While properly optimized videos can boost your search engine optimization (SEO) rankings alone, there are a few additional tactics that can assist this even further. These include hosting videos on your own domain, tagging relevant keywords, creating good titles and adding descriptions to each video.
- Authenticity is key. Regardless of the type of content that audiences are consuming, they want to hear it from a real person. The more the video can convey the personality of the attorney or the firm, the more likely a potential client will trust you to handle their case.
Video is an essential tool for reaching audiences that are too busy or distracted to read. By capturing attention in a crowded media landscape, video provides a dynamic opportunity to get to know an individual, organization or concept on a deeper level.
How We Can Help
Poston Communications’ Content team combined with digital strategy and full-service video production capabilities can help you leverage the power of video and develop your multimedia presence to meet your communication goals. Click here for more information.