Nine Tips to Master Your On-Camera Presence and Advocate Virtually in 2021
- Posted by Poston Communications
- On February 19, 2021
- communications, video
In an article published in the Daily Report on February 11, 2021, Poston Communications President Monica Smith discusses considerations for lawyers and law firms to practice law virtually this year.
“Even with vaccines rolling out, virtual advocacy and law firm operations will remain in place for some time,” the authors write. “Learning to connect with the camera and command the screen—a different skill set from being in a room with your audience—will be the mark of the most successful attorneys in 2021.”
Smith and Labrecque further explain nine tips to set up a successful virtual workspace:
- Create or update your virtual advocacy checklist.
- Evaluate your strengths as a virtual communicator and consider presentation skills training.
- Look the part and connect with your audience.
- Ask for feedback.
- Purchase a high-definition (HD) webcam.
- Set a winning shot.
- Choose a neutral background that is well lit (and has a door).
- Get the lighting right by ensuring you are well lit from the front.
- Recruit a hot-seat operator.
For the full article, subscribers may click here.