We’re looking forward to next summer!
As part of our commitment to excellence, we are focused on developing future leaders in public relations. We are currently accepting applications for our 2020 Summer Poston Communications Internship Program. Candidates are accepted in both our Atlanta and Orlando offices.
Summer Interns, Atlanta and Orlando
We created our Internship Program to provide hands-on experience combined with learning opportunities for recently graduated individuals, undergraduate students in their senior year of college and graduate students.
Through our PRecision Curriculum, our semester-long program covers all substantive areas that prepare our interns to take on the role of Assistant Account Executive in our firm, as well as leadership topics, workstyle assessments and discussions on real-life career issues. Our interns are assigned to client teams, write and pitch story ideas to reporters, and coordinate media placements.
We also provide opportunities for interns to engage with the local community, through our partnerships with other organizations. These include volunteer activities, networking and educational / leadership programs.
We’re looking for future-focused, self-starters with demonstrated leadership in their school work, extracurricular activities and their communities. Interns should be motivated by our fast-paced work environment and ready to be a team-player.
We subscribe to a philosophy of “we, us, our” and look for individuals who want to be part of a collaborative culture, work hard and serve our clients exceptionally. Candidates should review our Mission and Values in advance of applying.
- Drafts basic public relations materials, including news releases, pitches, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials.
- Observes client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions, all to develop a basic understanding of our clients’ work.
- Develops and updates media lists and other databases, including client, marketing, prospect and administrative databases.
- Pitches by phone to journalists at local, national and trade publications, with direction of the account team.
- Provides ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting for secured media placements.
- Assists with administrative duties, including managing newspaper and periodical inventories, researching editorial calendar opportunities and various other activities that keep our agency running well.
- Supports the agency with client, business development and management projects.
- Recent graduates or those with senior-class standing from public relations, communications, marketing or other related programs. Strong preference is given to candidates who are eligible for full-time hire at completion of the program.
- Previous internship or relevant work experience in a PR agency, professional services firm or other professional office setting. Must possess a basic understanding of and enthusiasm for an agency environment.
- Leadership experience in school, community or civic organizations. While official positions are not required, we are looking for individuals who demonstrate their ability to influence, and to lead others and themselves well.
- Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 35 hours per week to the internship.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and to undertake basic public relations writing assignments.
- Possess exceptional time management skills, basic media relations skills and an ability to interact professionally with others.
- Committed to living in a constant state of improvement, with dedication to continuous learning through proactive engagement with colleagues, asking for feedback and implementing suggestions.
Please send your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to [email protected].
A special note: The application process begins when you submit your resume. Please give careful attention to your cover letter and other attachments to ensure accuracy and relevancy. The attention to detail that you present should reflect the high standards that we seek. In addition, circulating your resume to email addresses within our company outside of the provided address above disqualifies you from consideration.