What You Can Do to Improve Your SEO
- Posted by Poston Communications
- On August 10, 2016
How can you get in front of your customer when the target keeps moving? Google and other search engines regularly make major updates to their algorithms, dramatically changing ranking factors for websites to keep results fresh and current. Customer usage and expectations also change rapidly, making it necessary for businesses to continuously strengthen and update their sites in order to improve search engine optimization (SEO). Complacency can easily allow your rankings to drop, so businesses that view SEO as unimportant or unchangeable are missing a huge opportunity.
A website is only as strong as its content. A natural way for firms to improve SEO rankings is through posting original content – client alerts, blogs, news items and other resources. Creating a place online where visitors can find new and refreshed content is a top attribute for search engines like Google and can put your website at the top of the list in a search page. Google, like other search engines, prioritizes top search results with the most up-to-date and relevant content.
We encourage our clients to post media results that they’ve worked hard to achieve for several reasons:
- Posting new content boosts SEO as Google and other search engines recognize when updates are made.
- Linking to a prominent media outlet, such as The New York Times for example, adds outbound links.
- Media results on your firm’s website and bio boosts credibility while allowing potential clients to search for a related expertise in your niche.
- Keeping up to date is critical to the success of any website and SEO considering that 93 percent of online experiences begin with search engines.
According to a survey conducted by the Search Engine Journal, 75 percent of users never scroll past the first page of search results, which explains why marketing departments spend time and money on improving their SEO strategies. For example, if a general counsel for a Fortune 1000 company searches the phrase, “complex litigation attorney in Omaha,” the website pages that display – likely attorney bios from Nebraska law firms – could be said to have impressive SEO strategies in place.
Firms and businesses should make an effort to boost their SEO rather than ignore it in order to avoid missing out on potential clients and customers.