Poston Communications is a national crisis communications, public relations and content agency with team members distributed across the United States working remotely. We serve clients in highly regulated industries, including top law and accounting firms, B2B tech companies, financial services institutions and more. Poston Communications is the honored recipient of such awards as PRSA’s Public Relations Professional of the Year (Dave Poston), the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Diversity & Inclusion Award and Bulldog Awards Best Media Relations Campaign. You may read more about our agency here.
As part of our continued growth strategy, we are seeking two to three senior-level team members in early 2021. Ideal candidates have a minimum of eight to 10 years of experience in traditional and digital media relations initiatives, have prior PR agency experience and have worked either inside or as a consultant to law firms. Additional candidates with strong professional services backgrounds will also be considered. Crisis and / or litigation communications experience is a plus. Location is not a factor, as our team enjoys a distributed structure with a remote work policy.
These are leadership roles on our team and serves as “faces of our firm” to our valued clients. These individuals must be entrepreneurial, able to work independently but with a “team player” attitude and are proven self-starters. They should be committed to developing new business and providing new solutions to existing clients.
All of our team members are responsible for account management, including day-to-day activity, oversight of account teams and budget management of multiple high-profile clients. In addition to understanding our clients’ work and business development goals, all of our team members possess excellent presentation skills – both in person and virtually – and lead regular client meetings and presentations proactively and with confidence.
Our team is known for its commitment to delivering results, the development of creative PR pitch ideas and exceptional client service. We work hard, love our clients and have a lot of fun together. Every day, we uphold our team philosophy of “we, us, our” when it comes to developing our culture of collaboration, leadership and success. Before applying, please consider how you already live out our firm’s mission and values.
- Develop an authoritative understanding of our clients’ work and business development goals, and create media relations strategies that underscore sales opportunities.
- Lead and direct business development efforts for our agency along with the rest of the leadership team.
- Provide strategic guidance to sophisticated clients by anticipating and addressing communications needs and challenges.
- Pitch by phone to journalists at local, national and trade media outlets, as well as build and nurture relationships with members of the media at top-tier business publications.
- Manage account financials, including budget allocation, client billing and team profitability.
- Enthusiastically represent our firm through a leadership role in trade or industry organizations.
- Minimum of eight to 10 years of experience in a PR agency or in-house at a professional services firm. Strong consideration will be given to candidates with legal marketing backgrounds.
- Leadership experience in work, community or civic organizations. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate their ability to influence and to lead others and themselves well.
- Proven results when it comes to sales and business development of PR and content services to professional services firms.
- Proven ability to phone pitch journalists. Must be able to share specific and measurable examples of this during the interview process.
- Solid, demonstrated relationships with reporters at national print media outlets.
- Experience managing multiple, high-profile accounts with daily pitching requirements.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and a commitment to delivering “white glove” client service.
- Confidence, humility and effectiveness when dealing with agency management, clients and the public.
- Commands an executive yet accessible presence with a commitment to enthusiasm and passion for our work.
- Committed to living in a constant state of improvement, with dedication to continuous learning through engaging proactively with colleagues, asking for feedback, reviewing workstyle assessments (including the Enneagram) and implementing suggestions.
- Graduate and / or bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and two examples of your work to [email protected].