Sharing your knowledge builds relationships and establishes you as a thought leader.
Timely, well-written and incisive client alerts, bylined articles, blog posts and other relevant content send the message to clients that you and your firm can provide wise, pertinent and timely counsel. It is the basis of what is becoming known as “corporate journalism.”
However, such knowledge-based marketing focused on the intersection of business and law is often an unfulfilled opportunity because it is difficult for attorneys to find the time to write content for client service and business development purposes.
At Poston Content, our experienced writers and editors can tell your story in ways that distinguish your practice from the competition.
Poston Content Products
Content is defined by its purpose, and each product performs a specific job. Is it trying to get someone’s attention? Convey information or provide instruction? Persuade, sell or influence public opinion? Our products are designed with these purposes in mind – the attention-getting “wow,” the informative “how” and the relevant “now.” The message also helps to shape the medium. Understanding why content is necessary sharpens the focus on who it is for and how it is presented. The key question underlying all content is “What does my audience need to know?” rather than “What do I want to say?”
RESULTS-FOCUSED PRODUCT MAP
Our core content products are:
- Website content
- Bios and profiles
- Client alerts
- Bylined articles
- Blog posts
- Practice area descriptions
We also produce:
- External communications, such as press releases
- Award nominations
- Chambers law firm rankings
Chambers Law Firm Rankings
When clients make decisions about who to hire, they compare reputation and recognition with those of competitors. Professional accolades and rankings enhance credibility, showcase achievements and demonstrate a track record of getting results.
Chambers and Partners remains the most important source of comparative intelligence about law firms and almost always is part of the mix of resources that clients and other legal professionals use to learn more about a firm. The submissions have become increasingly competitive as law firms increase the resources dedicated to making their case for rankings.
Poston Content has prepared successful submissions for international, national and mid-market firms in a variety of practice areas. Professionalism and experience matter, and we provide support and guidance throughout the process.
We work with law firms from the initial interviews with our writer through the collection of deals, matters and referees that underscore the firm’s leadership. After the submission has been drafted, approved and submitted, we use our media training experience to prepare attorneys for Chambers’ follow-up interviews and research. Our coaching provides important background information, message points and guidance on cultural considerations that will present the attorneys in the best light.
While we can’t guarantee a ranking, we can ensure that your firm makes the strongest case possible based on the work you have done in the past year.
The Poston Newsroom
Successful content depends on a deep understanding of the audience. Poston Content’s knowledge of what works and what doesn’t for clients, professional peers and award judges is based on our substantive research and experience. Using science of formatting, our ability to template information in a format that readers will digest quickly is a valuable perspective that we bring to the table.
We operate Poston Content on a newsroom model: We have a roster of editors, writers, copy editors and proofreaders who take assignments from law firms, conduct research, interview lawyers and deliver finished content that is ready to be published on many platforms through multiple channels.
The Poston Process
These factors help us make the most efficient use of attorneys’ time while ensuring quality and supporting the firm’s business development and marketing goals:
- We work as your partner in content creation. While we use our client relationship manager to strategically oversee and guide the process, we still assign writers and editors to your account on a permanent basis so that they get to know the firm, its culture and business objectives, and build relationships with attorneys and professional staff.
- Every firm has a unique voice for its content. The writers we dedicate to your account give you the same advantage of consistent quality as having professionals in-house.
- Our client relationship managers – the professionals driving the effort – have years of experience working on behalf of law firms. Their commitment to aligning content with business development results differentiates us from other writing services.
- Our writers and editors all have spent the better part of their careers working as lawyers, in-house marketing professionals or as reporters and editors at business or legal industry publications, including The Wall Street Journal and those produced by American Lawyer Media (ALM).
- As a result, they are skilled writers, reporters and researchers, and they are practiced at the art of interviewing and in interacting with top-level attorneys. Just like a real newsroom, we can react quickly to breaking news, and we have processes in place to ensure quality, predictability and ease of management for the law firm. Our goal is to produce content that meets the firm’s highest expectations for quality while minimizing the time required of attorneys and professional staff.
- We have a proven track record. We have created alerts, blogs, bylined articles, newsletters, practice descriptions and other website content, award submissions and other material for Am Law 100 firms across the country. Our work has covered some of the most complex and emerging areas of law.
- We have conducted substantive research into the science of formatting related to alerts, newsletters and other marketing tools used to approach in-house counsel.
- We have developed processes that bring predictability to every stage of content creation, from writing standards and SEO to delivery and review.
- Our tracking mechanisms tell you where assignments are at every point and ensure quality control.
- We begin our relationship by discussing the firm’s goals for content. From the beginning, we want to be sure that we’re creating content that aligns with your needs and expectations. This includes audience, distribution channels, frequency, length, tone and voice, style, topics and other factors.
- We are committed to consistency in everything that we do. With content, we employ a three-proof rule. Our writers and editors share an appreciation for attention to detail, AP style and excellence in communications.
- We know content marketing works, and we have been grateful to receive powerful feedback about the effectiveness of our content strategies.